We really enjoyed staying home and watching General Conference with family. I always love General Conference. I feel so spiritually uplifted by all of the talks and feel such love for our prophet, President Monson and the other church authorities. I was struck by how many of the talks talked about how important it is for parents to spend time with their children and make sure to instill in them values, morals, and help them gain testimonies of their own. They reiterated how parents need to take their responsibilities seriously. All of the talks were so great and I feel so empowered to be an even better mother and wife!
After Conference, we went to the Sorensen home to eat lunch and have an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids. As keeping with tradition, we had Egg Battles. Vanessa's egg beat everybody! It did not even crack! She had a lot of fun battling it out with everyone. Mark and I went head to head with my Team Edward and Jacob eggs. And the winner was...Team Edward. He sustained a little crack during it but was able to crush Team Jacob's egg! Go Team Edward!!
After lunch, finished Conference and then had an Easter Egg Hunt. Vanessa was so excited. We had to have it indoors because the weather was so cold. None the less, the kids loved it. Vanessa went crazy! She ran around grabbing as many eggs as she could. We barely had the chance to save some for Owen. She is very quick at grabbing them!
Vanessa and Owen both got a book from Grandpa and Grandma Sorensen. They also got a cute outfit from Grandpa and Grandma Mendoza. Vanessa is wearing the dress that they gave her. Thanks to everybody for making Easter so much fun!










1 comment:
I loved conference too! I also noticed a "theme" that the talks were focused on the family. It was so wonderful and refreshing and motivating!
I love all the Easter pictures. Way to go Vanessa in being the champion in the egg war! Aliyah cracked most of our eggs before we had a chance to duke it out. And too bad about the Golden Egg. Sounds like it was still fun. Love you and can't wait to see you in less than a month!
Post a Comment