Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 2: Easter Break with the Mendoza Family!




For Day 2, I took my family shopping in the morning. My parents needed to make a stop at the Distribution center to pick up a few things. While there, my mom found a super great deal on a temple dress. She has been losing a lot of weight and needed a smaller dress! She looks so great and I am super proud of her!

We also went to the DI to look around. Can I tell you that I love the DI! It has some great things if you just look. Mark and I love going there to find games. We have found lot of games with all of the pieces for only 1 or 2 dollars! While there, I found a super cute dress and jacket and a few new shirts! I will never pass up on a great deal!

After shopping, we came back and fixed lunch and got ready to go to the Bountiful Temple. We had planned to go to the temple together and finally do baptizims for my grandparents and other family member who have passed on. I was so excited to finally be able to do this. It has been almost 10 years since my Grandpa and Grandma Mendoza passed away and many many years since other family members have gone. It was such a special day for us!

We arrived at the temple and felt so excited to finally be there! What a beautiful day to do it. The trees were filled with snow and the sky was overcast. We were able to look out and see the valley down below. So beautiful!

The temple experience was even more beautiful and sweet. My dad was able to be baptized for his dad and grandpa and nephew. I had the special opportunity to be baptized for my grandma, great grandmas, and great aunts. Cody was also able to be baptized for other family names.

I can't even put into words the feelings that I felt. I knew that they were there and are so happy to finally be members of the church. My dad said that while confirming them members of the church, he could see their faces and that they were extremely happy and grateful! What a neat and unforgettable experience! It has made me more dedicated to getting my family's work done and has made me a better person! I love temple work!

I was able to do some other temple ordinances for them with my mom and dad as well. It was just so special being in the temple with my parents and with the spirits of my family members that have gone before. What a spiritually uplifting day to experience together as a family!

No comments: