I finally got around to taking pictures of our house. It has only taken me five months! With getting morning sickness so bad, I wasn't up to decorating, cleaning, or organizing much. I wanted to get it to where I liked most of it before I started taking pictures. I have been able to get a few craft/home decor things done so it looks much better but I still have many more projects up my sleeves to make this house our own!
So here is the tour of our home! We live is such a great neighborhood which has been so much fun! We have already done a lot of things to update our home. We took out a few of the dead roses bushes and pruned the rest which helped them to finally grow. We also planted several trees in our front and back yard including two apple trees. We are excited to be able to plant a garden once spring comes! We also spent a day weeding the patch of rocks that is in front of the house. Once finished, it had a huge difference to the curb appeal of the house. All summer long, we worked hard to revive the grass. When we bought the home we were told that the front sprinklers were broken but our neighbor came over and looked at them and discovered that it was just wired incorrectly and helped us fix them. Yeah! We have sprinklers which really helped in getting the lawn healthy again.
 |
| Our Home and we LOVE it! |
 |
|
The Formal Living Room
We
have really loved having a formal living room. It is nice to be able to
have a place to sit for when visitors come. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| I have really loved all the space for decorating. I just need to keep adding to my collection :) |
  |
| Our Kitchen- In the future, we are wanting to update but for now it works perfectly! |
 |
| Upstairs Hallway |
 |
| Vanessa's Butterfly Bedroom- I found the butterflies at Savers for $1 and spray painted them hot pink. They fit perfectly inside the frame. |
|
 |
| This is where little sisters crib with go in just a few more months. Vanessa is so excited to share her room with her baby sister. |
 |
| I found this bedspread at Kohls and fell in love with it. The reviews on it were horrible though. They said that once washed it bushes up so I decided that I would get it and just hand quilt around the squares to secure the material better. It worked and turned out beautiful! I love that Vanessa wanted a pink room! |
 |
| Owen's Dinosaur Bedroom |
 |
| I had a friend make this blanket for Owen when he was a baby. She gave me the left over material scraps so I decided to make a matching pillow for his bed. It turned out super cute and he loves having a dinosaur bed. I also picked up two 11x14 frames on discount when Roberts was going out of business. I finally got around to painting them and then added some vinyl dinosaurs which I made using my Cricut. Super easy decor! |
 |
| Kids Bathroom |
 |
| Master Bedroom- I found the lamps at the DI for a few bucks and spray painted them a soft bronze color. I then found some shades at Wal-mart to top them off! |
 |
| I had these old frames just sitting around and decided to give them a makeover. I sprayed them an antique white and then glazed them in brown to make them pop. I let my Circut go to work in cutting out some vinyl to add to the walls. |
 |
| The previous owners left the curtains and rod. They go perfectly with our decor! |
 |
| I bought this old window from a lady in our last ward this past summer. I had the idea to put a knob on it so I could hang a wreath. I found the wreath at the DI for $1 and just added the silver beaded twigs. It will stand out better once we get the walls painted this summer. |
 |
| Master Bath- It is a bit small but I'm just glad that we have our own bathroom. We plan to update it with a new vanity to add more drawer space. |
 |
| Downstairs Family Room |
 |
| See that nice blank wall, its perfect for my piano that is waiting for me to pick up at my parents! |
 |
| Our Fireplace! I just love having a fireplace. I just wish it had a mantle on it so I could set some decorations on. At least it has a fun base that I use to do just that. |
 |
| Entertainment Center- I can't remember if I posted a picture of the entertainment center we redid. We found this beauty on ksl.com. It was actually a dresser but Mark converted two of the middle drawers to selves for the Blu-ray player and DVR to sit on. We love how it turned out and that it saved us some serious cash! |
|
 |
| LaundryRoom/Unfinished 3rd bathroom-We plan to have this bathroom finished in the near future. It will be nice to have a bathroom on the family room level. |
 |
| Computer/Craft Room- I haven't really even started with this room but I have some great plans to turn it into a crafter's dream. |
 |
| Basement Bathroom- This room is all done except for the shower. That is another project that needs to be completed. |
 |
| 5th Bedroom- We use this room for guest when they come and visit. We hope to get a futon in here soon so its a bit more comfortable. |
 |
| Toy Room-Yes, it can get a bit messy! |
 |
| COLD STORAGE! I am still so excited about this! I LOVE having a place to store our food storage! |
We still have a bit to do but that is the fun part about it! I love fixing things up and I have a very handy husband that likes to help me. One day we will get all of the project completed as for now we are enjoying every minute of living in our new home!
1 comment:
LOVE the house Sabrina!!! You're so crafty it kills me. We need to get together before our little girls get here and life gets even crazier. :)
Post a Comment