Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mr Owen

 
Singing the Monster Mash
Mr Owen is definitely 100% All Boy! The past few months, his personality has really started to develop. He makes our lives so much more interesting and fun. He is just too cute and we love watching him grow and develop.

Here are a few things about our little guy:
  • His favorite color is now green. He loves to point out anything that is green. Just last night, the kids were coloring with my pens and Owen decided that he was going to hold all of the green ones. He came in to show us all of the green pens. He was so excited to have so many! 
  • He is obsessed with dinosaurs. He loves to play with them all day long. He even has to sleep with them.  He has a little green and orange dinosaur that he has to have with him at all times along with his yellow sword (pictured below).  He makes the cutest dinosaur sounds. He also knows the different kinds of dinosaurs. We went to the library on Monday and he just had to find a dinosaur book. He loves looking at it and request us to read it to him over and over again. Also on Monday, I had to go to Hobby Lobby to pick up some buttons. While looking for some, he found some dinosaur buttons and begged me to get them. I couldn't resist. He loves those buttons and has had lots of fun playing with them.
  • Around the end of October, we decided that it was a good time to transition Owen into a toddler bed. I was very nervous for this and wanted to put it off as long as possible because he slept so well in his crib. Overall, he has been doing very well with sleeping in his bed. He loves feeling like a big boy.
  • Owen loves to sing songs especially Halloween songs. He loves to sing the Monster Mash which is the cutest thing ever! (Video at the bottom)
  • He loves playing with Madetta (Vanessa). He is getting better at saying her name but I am not sure if I want him to just yet. I love how he says her name. Those two are quite the duo. He loves to play with and tease her. He is just starting to figure out that he can now push Vanessa's buttons and get her to react. He gets this little mischievous look on his face whenever he teases her. Even though he likes to tease her, she is still his best friend.
  • Owen loves to kiss and pat my belly and tell the baby hi. 
  • He loves to say prayers. He says them in such a soft and reverent voice.
  • He loves to be cuddled and snuggled. I don't mind that one bit!
  • He is loves to run and jump especially off the stairs. I have to keep my eye on him. 
  • His favorite food is a PB&J sandwich.
  • His vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds. It is so fun listening to him talk and learn new words. 
  • He hates to have his hair cut which makes it very difficult to get an all around even cut. 
Owen is just so much fun! We just smile every time we see him because he is just too cute! We love having him in our little family!
Playing dinosaurs
Owen loves to be silly
The other night, I went to go check on Owen to see if he had fallen asleep. He wasn't in his bed so I went in to Vanessa's room and found him fast asleep beside her with his pillow and blanket. What a little cuddle bug.
Owen's BEST Friend, Vanessa
He wanted me to take a picture of him in his dinosaur shirt.
Here is a video of Owen roaring like a dinosaur

No comments: