Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010!

Christmas, I would have to say is one of our most favorite holidays! It is more so now because we have two little cuties to share it with! We were able to sleep in until about 7:45 am before the kids woke up. That probably won't be the case next year. Vanessa and Owen came into our room to wait while Dad got the video camera set up on the tripod. We were all anxious! I was telling Vanessa that we get to see if Santa came. She sadly replied, "Mom, Santa did not come." I then asked "Oh, are you sure?" She then said, "I'm positive. He did not knock on my door!" I had to giggle and then explain to her that Santa comes at night when we are sleeping so he can surprise us with gifts!" She still didn't believe me until we walked out and saw all of the presents under the tree. She got even more excited when she saw that Santa's cookies were gone! She told us that "Santa must of really liked my cookies cause they are all gone!" What a cutie!

Mark's family came over and ate breakfast with us before we opened the presents. We had some yummy French Toast and Breakfast Casserole. It is always hard to sit and eat breakfast knowing that the presents still sit under the tree just waiting to be ripped open!

Finally, breakfast was cleaned up and we were able to open the presents! Vanessa was so thrilled that she actually got a Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip doll. After opening them she asked if she could play with them. So we got them out for her. The first thing she did with them was make them kiss and then she sang Danced with You Once Upon a Dream and made the dolls dance with each other. It was so much fun seeing so happy. She also got a Strawberry Shortcake doll, Little Mermaid doll, a Princess Tiana Nightgown, which she adores), baby doll diapers, books, more pajamas, clothes, Disney Fantasia movie, Disney Princess ball, play-dough and lots of goodies!
Owen just loved ripping off the wrapping paper! He got a Little People Farm, an airplane, rumbling dump truck, a race car track, cars, a V-Tech ball, books, Mickey Mouse Club House bath toys, more pajamas, clothes, play-dough and lots of goodies too! He had so much fun playing with his race track the we had to open the last of his presents.
Mark surprised me with a few gifts. I got a storage bag and cases for my beads, the Cricut Design Studio (which I love), a belt, Taylor Swift CD, a sweater, and a new purse! Mark got a new camera, shirts, a belt, Toy Story 3 movie, Mario Galaxy Wii game, and some Legos! Mark's parents surprised us with a new ladder (now we don't have to borrow theirs) and a carbon monoxide detector. My parents gave us some money and we decided to buy some new dishes! We love them! We feel very blessed to be able to celebrate this holiday with our family in our home! It was so much fun having Christmas in a home!
After getting things cleaned up, we headed over to the Sorensen's to play. We had so much fun being together and playing with all of our new toys and gadgets and relaxing. I even was able to finish the book called The Help. It was so good and I highly recommend it! It is sad that Christmas came and went so quickly but it will come again quicker than I think! Thanks to everyone for helping make this Christmas so wonderful! We love you all and are so grateful to have such amazing family!

No comments: