Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's Offical...

I am now the new 1st Counselor in Relief Society!

I have know for a couple of weeks of this calling. It has been an interesting past few weeks. I have been serving in the Young Women's and loving it. About a month ago, the Young Women's president was released from her calling and so were the rest of us. I was sad because I felt like I was just getting to know the girls. Well, to my relief, they called be the Miamaid's again. I was so excited to be able to still be in and to try my best to get to know the girls and help them.

Well, on a Tuesday night (just two days after being set apart) I got a call from the Bishopric asking me if I could meet with the bishop the following night. I was a bit puzzled and told Mark that I couldn't be getting another calling because I was just put in one. Then a thought I must be being called to be in the ward choir. So we get to the church the next day and sit down with the bishop. He then proceeds to ask Mark if he will support me in a calling. Right then I thought "Oh my goodness!" Mark said yes and then the bishop looks at me and says "We would like you to serve in as the 1st counselor in the Relief Society." My jaw instantly dropped and I just sat there staring at him and thinking could he be serious! I agreed but I was still in shock. My experience in Relief Society has been slim. I don't know much about it and what goes on. After coming out of the bishop's office, I instantly looked at Mark and said "Can I really do this?" He reassured me that I could and that it would be a great experience.

The week that followed was filled with excitement, doubts and a lot of prayer. I was and still am a bit nervous but I have been given lots of support and love from my awesome family, friends and ward members. I am super excited to be able to serve the people in our ward and look forward to getting to know the ladies and gaining some great friends and experiences. I pray that the Lord with help me in this calling so I can do my very best.

I have been put in charge of the Enrichment Nights so that will be fun and exciting! If any of you have some good ideas for Enrichment please share them with me. I am taking suggestions :)

1 comment:

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Congrats on your new calling!! You will do AWESOME!