Monday, November 1, 2010

Solomon and Amanda's Wedding!

On Thursday, October 28th, we welcomed a new member into our family. Solomon and Amanda finally were able to get married in the Manti Temple. It was such a special ceremony! We left for Manti around 7:00 in the morning to get to the sealing. It was a long drive but the kids did very well. We enjoyed celebrating with the new couple. The luncheon was really fun. It was nice to be able to meet Solomon's family and to get to know them. We are so excited for the the newlyweds! They make the cutest couple and are just so much fun! We wish them the best in their new lives together!

The next day was their reception. Their theme was the beach so it was fun being able to help decorate and make the cake. This week has been crazy busy trying to get everything ready and things kept coming up. That morning I woke up early to finish making the cake and found out that I didn't have enough ribbon to go around the cake. Like me, I panicked! I ran to Robert's to see if they had anymore and they didn't. So I called Aunt Shelly to see if she could go to the one in Centerville and check if they had and they didn't. She decided to go and check Joann's and they had it! She was my life saver! Thanks Aunt Shelly! If that was not enough to stress me out, Vanessa came down with the stomach flu. So while I was putting the finishing touches on the cake, she walked out moaning and crying and then threw up all over the kitchen floor! Yikes! I felt so bad for her! I got things cleaned up and laid Vanessa down on the couch to rest. Poor little girl. With some much needed help, I was able to finish the cake, take it to the church, set it up and get back in time to get myself and the kids ready.

If that was not enough to do that day, I still had to go to our church and set up for our ward's Trunk or Treat. They put me in charge of the table decorations. So I hauled the kids in and got it done. A big THANKS goes out to young women and leaders for helping me. I couldn't have done it without them! The tables turned out super cute!

With minutes to spare, we were able to make it to the reception. It turned our beautiful! The girl's looked so cute in their dresses and Owen in his matching tie! It was fun being there to support Solomon and Amanda. I wasn't able to do much because Vanessa was so sick the whole night. She just wanted to be held and I wanted to help her feel better. I took Vanessa home early so she could rest. All I can say is that I am very thankful that we actually made it through the day.

The cake turned out great! YEAH!!

No comments: