Monday, June 14, 2010

Surprise Getaway!





For our 5 year Anniversary, Mark surprised me with a weekend getaway! I got a call from him around 4:00 pm on Friday saying that he was headed home and that I only had 20 minutes to get myself packed for an overnight trip. I was definitely surprised! He had arranged for his parents to watch the kids so we could go. I was a little nervous to leave the kids. It is always a hard thing for me to do. But I was also so excited to spend the weekend with just him!

So I quickly packed the kids stuff and mine and waited for Mark to get home. We dropped the kids off and headed toward Salt Lake. While sitting in traffic, Mark told me that we were going to stay in the Little America in Salt Lake.

When we got there, we headed to our suite. We ended up getting a corner suite on the 17th (top) floor. It had a balcony and such an awesome view of the city and mountains.

The weather was very cold and rainy so we decided to eat at a restaurant inside the hotel. I ordered grilled Atlantic Salmon and Mark had grilled Halibut. It was delicious!

We had a lot of fun just being together and playing card games and watching movies. I was nice to actually get a full night's sleep and to sleep in for once!

In the morning we headed to Layton and ate at IHOP. We had some delicious pancakes with cream cheese in the middle. After eating, we headed to the movies. I have been wanting to see Letter to Juliet for a while and Mark being the amazing husband he is took me to it. It is definitely a romantic chick flick and Mark endured it quite well! I love that he is willing to go to romantic movies with me!We had such a fun time together! I am so glad to have such an amazing husband! I love him will all my heart!

Thanks Mom, Dad, Arianne, and Kimberly for watching the kids so we could celebrate our special day!

No comments: