This weekend we headed down to Delta to visit my family. We sure had a lot of fun playing and visiting with them. On Saturday, my mom and I got busy doing some family genealogy. We are trying to get some names ready to take it the temple next Saturday. We have about 30 names so far and we are getting so excited to get them done. I am especially excited to finally be baptized for my Grandma and Grandpa Mendoza!
After getting that done, we decided to go swimming at the pool. I haven't been there for awhile. It sure has changed since I was a life guard there. We had a lot of fun swimming, playing, and doing tricks off the diving boards. I will admit that my tricks are not that great but my brother Cody can do some amazing stuff! I was very impressed. I wish that I remembered to grab my camera. I would have got some great shots of the kids! Vanessa had a lot of fun swimming. She really liked playing on the stairs and jumping of the sides into my arms.
After swimming, we went for the usually ice cream cone. For as long as I can remember, that is what we did after we went swimming. It is a very fun and tasty tradition and I hope it will continue!
Later that evening, My mom, Maria and I went to go visit Grandma Rowley. She recently had a knee replacement and is still recovering. She is doing amazingly well. She is up and walking around and things don't seem to phase her. I am constantly amazed with her! She is such an amazing woman and I love her so much! I am very happy that she is recovering quickly.
While there, we were able to help her wash her hair. This was my first time doing that for her and I felt very privileged to do it. She has done so much for me and my family and I am very happy to be able to do something for her.
We really had a great time with them! Vanessa sure loved playing with the kids and Grandpa and Grandma Mendoza. She did not want to go to sleep Saturday night. She kept saying, "I want to play with Grandpa and the kids!" She was sad to go. We are going to try and make it down to Delta once a month. We always have a such a great time down there!










No comments:
Post a Comment