Today marks the 6th year anniversary of Mark proposing to me! I can't believe that it has been that long!
I will recount how he proposed. Mark and I went and looked at rings a few weeks before he proposed. I had no idea that he even bought one. He asked me to go to the Snow Institute Sweetheart Ball on February the 12th, 2005. He picked me up and we went to the Family Life Center and had a fun dinner and watched a movie. I believe it was The Princess Bride. After the movie, the guys told us that we were going on a blindfolded scavenger hunt in the car (the men were driving). I didn't think anything of this and was excited to go. He got me in the car and drove me around town for about 15 minutes. I had no idea where I was. We then stopped and he gave me a piggyback ride to our final destination. I remember hearing him climb up some metal steps and at that moment I thought, "Oh my goodness, Mark is going to propose to me!" I thought that we were at a park because he sat me down on metal seat. I was way off. When he finally took the blindfold off, I looked around and saw that we were sitting in the Snow College Football Stadium in the exact spot where we first met! The mood was perfect. It was even sprinkling warm rain. He then proceeded to tell me how his life has changed since I have been in it and that he would love to have me in his life forever! He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! As you probably know, I said "YES!" and I couldn't be happier that I did!!!Mark is such a great friend, husband and father. I am so very lucky that he is mine forever!!!










1 comment:
I am sooo glad you said YES too!!! Happy Engagement Anniversary! Was that really 6 years ago?! Wow! I love you both so much!
Post a Comment