Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!




We had a lot of fun this Halloween. To start the day off, we carved and painted pumpkins after lunch. We gave the kids little Halloween presents to celebrate the day. Owen got a fun ring toy and Vanessa got some orange finger nail polish and a paint set. I got Mark the new Ice Age, Dawn of the Dinosaurs Movie and he surprised me with a gift too...I got two tickets for the upcoming New Moon Movie!! I am so excited!! I sure do love my hubby! Thanks a million!

After presents, we set out to carve our pumpkins. I decided to carve a Frankenstein and Mark carved a silly faced one. Vanessa got to paint two and half little pumpkins (she finished painting Owen's). She had a lot of fun painting. She also got to help me take out the insides of my pumpkin. She thought that was cool! She would take it out and then put it back in again.



We took the kids to a few houses in the neighborhood. Mark and I dressed up as Safari guides, Vanessa was a cute giraffe, and Owen was a monkey.

Vanessa looked so cute! We absolutely loved the costume. It's ears and tail were the cutest part! Vanessa was really excited to go trick or treating. When walking to the houses, she would say, "Going trick n treat!" She was even very polite and told people "Thank you and Welcome," while walking down the steps. She sometimes took her time choosing which candy she wanted. It was so cute!

Owen only made it to a couple of houses before he fell asleep. He was still one adorable little
monkey.


We ended the day by watching our new movie, Ice Age. It was so funny. We really enjoyed watching it. We all had such a fun time together. Happy Halloween!

No comments: