Monday, April 25, 2011

"Hoppy" Easter!

We had a great time celebrating Easter. My family came up for a surprise visit on Saturday so it was fun to see them again. We were able to color eggs and have an Easter egg hunt in our back yard. The kids loved being able to find the eggs. It was so cute watching Owen and Vanessa get so excited. The Easter Bunny came and brought the kids some fun things. They got there Sunday Easter Clothes, candy, a book and toy. They looked so darn cute in their Sunday Outfits.

Having fun coloring eggs!
I love the look on both of their faces!
I made Vanessa's skirt and added the embellished flowers on her shirt.
I also made a tie for Owen to coordinate. They turned out adorable!
My family left Sunday after church and they we headed down to the Carter's for their annual family Easter Egg Hunt. There were lots of eggs to find and Vanessa and Owen filled their baskets to the rim. I am sad to report that we did not find the silver or golden egg this year. Oh well, I guess there is next year.
We had a blast being able to celebrate Easter and the best part is being able to remember what our Savior has done for us and to celebrate the resurrection. I am truly grateful for his amazing sacrifice and the gift of being able to live again.

No comments: