Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tattered to Flattered!

So I have been doing a few projects here and there. I went to the DI and found some lamps for 5 dollars. I have been looking for some lamps for Vanessa and Owen's rooms and our room. So I slurged and bought four lamps for $20. I then ran over to the Home Depot and bought me some spray paint. I took them home and started on them. I primed them first and them started painting them. They turned out so darn cute!

For Owen's lamp I found a dinosaur applique pattern online and printed it out. I had some extra material from when my friend made his bedspread cover so I used it to cut out the dinosaur. I put in on the lamp cover (which came with the lamp. It just needed a good washing) and ironed it on. It turned out so darn cute. It looks great in his room but it will look even better once we get our house and I can paint and decorate it all I want!

Vanessa's lamp just needed a good washing and some color. I spray painted it a aqua blue to match her bedspread and that's it! I like the lamp shade that came with it but I think I might try and find another one and put some rosettes on it.

I haven't got our room lamps done yet but they should be done soon. I am really liking how they are turning out. I will post them as soon as they are finished.

Here is what they looked like before:
And after!

No comments: