So I have been slacking on keeping up the blog. Sorry, but I have good reason. I have been busy crafting, distressing a head and foot board for Vanessa's bed, getting things organized for our Relief Society Birthday dinner, house hunting, and taking care of the family, of course!
A few weeks ago, I came across a twin head and foot board plus frame on KSL for $15.00. It was a steal of a deal! It needed some revamping so I took on the challenge to distress it. I have never distressed anything before so I researched how to do it and went for it. Vanessa wants a pink room so I thought a nice distressed Heirloom White would be perfect to accent the pink.
Before


With some little TLC (sanding, priming, spray painting, more sanding, and glazing) these pieces turned out looking so great! I love them! They will look so darn cute in Vanessa's new room! Plus I really love the whole distressing thing! It has been super fun learning a new technique.
After


I also had this frame laying around so I decided that it would make a great wall decoration in Vanessa's room. I pray painted it an aqua color and glazed over with a black glaze. I love how it turned out! I am going to frame a big V with it and put a big pink bow on it. It is going to look so cute! I can't wait to get it all finished. I'll post a picture when I get it all put together.

Now on to house hunting. We have put an offer on a home in Roy like I posted before. They accepted the offer so now we are just waiting for the bank to respond. In the meantime, we have been looking at other homes to see if we can find anything better. Well last Thursday we found something much better for an awesome price! It's a 2002 Rambler in Clearfield with 3 car garage and 5 bedrooms and two baths. It has the potential to have another bedroom and bathroom down stairs. It has a cold storage and huge storage room. It is perfect! We would have to fix just a few things but we love it! So we put an offer the home. We are just waiting to hear back from the sellers. One seller has signed so we just waiting for the other seller to. The waiting is just killing Mark and I! We just would like to know if they accepted our offer so we can get the bank to accept the offer as well. So as of right now we have two homes that we really like and we are just waiting for the banks to approve them. Which ever one come up first we have to decide if we are going to pursue it or decline. House hunting and the whole process is quite stressful but it has helped to have such great real estate agents on our side. We will keep you updated! Pray for the Clearfield one. That's the one we really really want!!!
1 comment:
I love the bed! I love the frame! I have teal frames all over my house!
Post a Comment