Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Little Peeps!

Owen

Mr. Owen turned 20 months in March! My little boy will be turning two in just 4 months! He is such a joy to have in the family. He makes every single day an adventure! He is definitely all BOY! I don't think that there is a single day that passes that he does not get hurt. What a little stinker. He loves to climb on EVERYTHING! Nothing is off limits, not even the kitchen counter! He is our little dare devil. He likes to climb on our couch and then fling himself off of it. No matter how many times I correct him, he still manages to climb on the couch and jump off. Now can you see why he gets hurt so much. Like I said before, each day is an adventure. He recently decided that he wants to talk more. He knows the color blue, green, and red and can say cat, bat, owl, and mummy (his favorite book to read is a Halloween one hence the Halloween vocabulary). When I look at him, I am in awe with how fast he is changing. He still is very little but he has a more toddler look to him now. Let's see what else...Oh yes, he still absolutely hates nursery! He likes it when I am there with him but as soon as I even move, he freaks out. He is definitely a momma's boy! Speaking of being a momma's boy. This morning around 6 am I woke up to a little voice calling out my name. It went like this: "Momma...(whimper) mommy (whimper, whimper)...MOM...mommy...Momma...MOM!" It was the cutest thing ever! I walked in and couldn't help but pick him up and give him the biggest kiss! I love the boy to pieces!!!

Vanessa

Vanessa is just so much fun! I love having her sweet spirit in our home. She is constanly reminding us to read our scriptures and say family prayers. She keeps us on track and I am thankful for that. She is full of so much energy and loves to play and have fun. She is my little side kick and I love it! She has a little sewing machine that Grandma Mendoza gave her so when ever I am sewing she grabs hers and sets it right beside mine and we get to sewing together. It reminds me a lot of what I used to do with my grandma and mom. I have very fond memories with them and I hope Vanessa will too. She loves for us to tell two stories to her before bedtime. Her usual request is Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty. She loves to help her little brother and sometimes it can be a little too much! She is definitely a little mommy in training. I have to remind her that I am the mom. She cracks us up with some of the things she says and we are always amazed with how smart she is! This coming June, we will be enrolling Vanessa in Preschool! I can't believe that she will be starting Kindergarten in year! Time has really flown by. We truly love having a little princess in our family.
Little Peeps!

These two little kids are the best of friends! Owen absolutely loves playing with his big sister! He loves to just copy her in whatever thing she is doing. It is a great thing but it is also a bad thing. Let me just say that he has learned how to throw a good tantrum from big sister. It is so much fun having them with us! They are my little miracles and I can't thank my Heavenly Father enough for giving them to us! Together We Make A Family!!!

No comments: