Friday, October 2, 2009

Such a Genius!

Vanessa has been on a roll today with talking and saying things that just surprise the heck out of us and make us laugh!

Grandpa Sorensen was walking into the front room and Vanessa looked up from playing with her toys and casually asked Grandpa, "What ya doing?" We were first just shocked that she had said that then we all started to laugh. Vanessa gets asked that same question a lot and I guess she decided to ask someone else.

Also, tonight while getting ready for bed we had the following conversation with Vanessa:
Vanessa: (walking out of our room with the Monster's Inc DVD) "I watch Monser Inc, I watch Monser Inc?"
Mom: (Amazed that she knows that what's the DVD is, I have only showed it to her a few times). You want to watch Monster's Inc.?"
Vanessa: Yep!
Dad: "She is such a genius"
Vanessa: (smiling) "Such a genius!"
Mom: "Your too smart for your on good!"
Vanessa: "Too smart for on good" (giggle, giggle)

Vanessa is getting to be so fun. She likes to tell us stories about what she is seeing. She gets very excited and like to use hand motions to help illustrate her stories. We can only make a few words when she gets going. It is so cute to watch. We just smile and go along with her.

She is also learning how to throw some good tantrums. I guess she can't be a real two year old without throwing tantrums. We are trying to teach her patience and how to wait for things. She is having a hard time understanding the concept of waiting for things. When she wants "Milch" (milk, she can't say her k very good), she wants it right then. She is very persistent and will follow you around until you get around to getting what ever she wants. If we say no, then she tries to throw her tantrum. We just have to ignore it but it is so hard to deal with the screaming at times. I hope she will get over this soon. Being consistent is the key!

Even though she throw tantrums we still love her to pieces! Unconditional love, right!

No comments: