Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve

We spent the first part of the day at home getting some things done. I realized that I am quite limited on my winter decorations so I got to work on a few crafts. I was able to finish a winter sign and table runner. The other day I went in search of some winter fabric. Can you believe that I could not find a single yard of it and I went to every fabric store! I was pretty frustrated. In the end I bought some blue fabric. I got home and started to think about how I could make it more wintery. I finally decided to applique on a Snowman. It turned out super cute! I was excited to put it on the table!
Made with my new Cameo. I just can't say enough good about that machine! It cut the letters out so nicely!
Isn't he cute!

For the latter part of the day, we headed to have dinner with Mark's family and to celebrate New Year's with them. We were able to play lots of fun games together and have lots of fun.  Around 9:00 pm, we celebrated the New Year with the kiddos. They got to have some ice cream and say cheers to the New Year. They even got to do some poppers. After celebrating, we got the kids put in bed so the adults could play a few more games. It was sure fun being able to celebrate a new year with the family. I can't believe that 2011 has come and gone already!

Some of the highlights of 2011
  • Mark celebrated one year at his job
  • We were finally able to purchase our first home in June
  • We found out that we would be adding another baby girl to our family
  • Carter Family Retreat at a cabin in Heber
  • We were able to vacation in Hawaii for a week
  • Vanessa started Preschool
  • Owen's vocabulary and personality really took off
  • Called to be the Bear Den leaders in Cub Scouts
  • Sabrina was called to be the Assistant Ward Chorister
 We are excited to see what 2012 holds for our family.
Happy New Year!!!

No comments: