We were planning on going down to spend the Friday and Saturday before Christmas with my family in Delta this year. But with my brother getting his mission call this past week, we decided to celebrate the holiday while we were down this past weekend.
We had a great time playing the Wii with the kids, watching movies, relaxing, shopping, and talking with each other. I always enjoy being with my family. The kids love spending time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. On Saturday, we were able to exchange our gifts and open them. We were definitely spoiled. Vanessa got some Barbies, Disney Paper Dolls, Princess Tea Set, books, a flash light, and DVD's. Owen got some dinosaurs, a truck, a flash light, balls, a tent, and DVDs. The kids had so much fun opening all their presents and getting to play with them. We really enjoyed watching them have so much fun. Having little kids really puts the excitement and joy back into Christmas!
My parents gave Mark and I some storage shelves, food storage, a heat pack, and flash light. We love them! Reagan gave me a picture frame that says Family which I love and Lorenzo gave Mark the Cowboy's and Aliens DVD. Mark was excited about that because he has been wanting to see that for awhile. My family also gave our baby some clothes to wear when she is born to keep her warm.
I gave my parents a family subway art wall hanging that I made. It turned out so cute and I was excited to be able to give it to them. I had Maria this year for Christmas and found a fun watch to give her. Mark had Cody this year and we thought about what would be a good present since he would be leaving on a mission soon. We finally decided to give him a journal in which he can record his mission experiences.
On Sunday, we headed over to my Grandma's house before church to visit with her. It is always so good to see her and be able to spend some time together. Whatever time we do get to spend with her is never enough. After visiting with her we headed to church which allowed us some more time with the family and we also got to see Cody announce his mission call and bear his testimony.
We had so much fun spending this time with my family and wish we could have stayed longer to celebrate the holidays with them. I am just grateful that we got to spend as much time as we could together. Thank you Dad, Mom, Cody, Reagan, Maria, Lorenzo and Lori for everything and for all the fun we got to have together this past weekend. We love you all so much and are so grateful to have such a wonderful family. Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment