Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dr. Visit

Well it is definitley cold season yet again! Vanessa, Owen and I have been fighting a cold this past week. Vanessa was the first one to get it then Owen then me. Vanessa and I are starting to feel better but Owen has been fighting a cold for the past week. It is off and on. One day he acts like he is getting better but then the next he will be down with a fever and running nose. I feel horrible when the kids are sick! What made it worse was being sick while trying to take care of two sick kids! So today I finally decided to take Owen in to see the doctor.

Vanessa was a big helper while we were at the doctors. Owen does not like the doctors! As soon as we went back in the room and sat down he clung to me and screamed whenever a nurse or doctor tried touching him! Poor little guy. He hasn't had the best experience at the doctors. Every time he goes he gets poked and prodded. I think the doctor was frustrated with him. He calmed down when the doctor left but as soon as he came back in he started screaming again.

At least the visit was a success in terms that we were able to rule out a few possibilities. He doesn't have RSV, or Pneumonia. Thank goodness for that! The doctor thinks he is just taking a while to fight this cold. We did find out that he has a build up of wax in his ears so he will have to go back to get that taken care of. That won't be fun.

No comments: