With being a leader in Young Womens I get to teach a lesson once a month. Over the past months of teaching, I have come to realize that the lessons probably help me more than the girls! I have learned much and grown spiritually because of them. I recently have set some goals for myself.
My goals are as follows:
1: Declutter my life so I can spend more with my family
2: Read my scriptures daily
3: Say my prayers morning and night
4: Come to know my Savior on a personal level
5: Be more optimistic
6: Exercise and eat healthy
7: Save money
This week I am working on being more optimistic. I am not the most optimistic person. I am a realist and it is very hard for me to go with the flow. I am teaching a lesson next week on optimism so I thought I would get to work on trying it out so I can at least tell the girls that it is possible to achieve. So far, I have remained optimistic. Lets hope that I can develop this characteristic so I can be a better person.
I also have started to declutter my life. Today, I just put in my two week notice at work! With Mark just getting his raise I can now stay home with the kids! I really have missed being home with them. I have to admit that I can't be super mom! It just stresses me out too much and when "Mama ain't happy, nobody is happy" I know where I need to be right now and that is with my cute kids! Things will be tight but it will definitly be worth it. I know that our Heavenly Father will bless us because we listened to his promptings.
I just finished reading a series called Kingdom of the Crown by Gerald Lund. It is a great book about the life and ministry of Jesus Christ. I loved reading it and I have gained a greater understanding of my Savior and what he did and taught. The author does an incredible job in helping the reader understand what was going on in Jerusalem and how things ran. He also helped me understand the parables that Jesus taught. I can now better understand the New Testament when I read it. I truly feel that I have a better understanding of my Savior. To deepen this understanding, I just started reading Jesus the Christ. I am excited to be able to learn more about this remarkable man and gain a stronger testimony of him being our Redeemer.
I am working on earning my second Young Woman medallion and Honor Bee. I know that with each value that I complete I will be able to become more in tune with the Spirit and a more righteous woman, wife and mother.
The past couple of months I have been neglecting exercise. I know that when I do exercise than I feel much better about myself and things seem to go smoother. So two weeks ago, my neighbor and I started waking up in the mornings and going jogging together. It is nice to have that time to chat with her and get some much needed exercise. I have already felt a positive influence in my life.
I am constantly working on trying to become my best self. It is hard but I know that my Heavenly Father will help me when I put forth the effort to try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment