Monday, August 16, 2010

Under the Sea Birthday Bash!

We celebrated Vanessa's birthday this past Saturday! She wanted a Little Mermaid party this years so we borrowed the Carter's big blow-up slide and made lots of water balloons to help us celebrate! I had a lot of fun making decorations for the party and even found some cute Ariel plates, napkins, and cups to match the decor.

I also had fun making her cake! I decided to attempt making Ariel out of fondant. The end result was actually pretty good. It took some time to get it just right but it was definitely worth the time and I saved money too! I didn't have to buy a cake topper! Vanessa loved the cake and she also loved eating the sand (brown sugar). She came up to me and said "Look Mom, I am eating the sand and it's yummy!" I just hope she doesn't think all sand tastes that good!

The kids loved playing on on the slide while they waited for dinner. We had a BBQ with hot dogs, salads, chips, watermelon to feed all of us hungry people! Vanessa was a bit too excited to eat much!

Vanessa got lots of fun things! We gave her a Little Mermaid plate, cup, and bowl. Grandpa and Grandma Mendoza, Cody, Maria, and Reagan got her a Princess purse, necklaces, rings, earrings, a princess bowl and water bottle, and dress-up shoes. She loved all of them of course! Grandpa and Grandma Sorensen, Arianne, Kimberly, and Laura gave her a purse, Cinderella chapstick, and Hello Kitty necklace and bracelet. Other gifts she got where a green dress and backpack, bubbles, She loved all of them of course!

We had so much fun celebrating her birthday! We had most of the family come up. It is always fun getting together. Thanks to all those that came! We love you all!

The Little Mermaid made from fondant
The Little Mermaid cake with edible sand!

Happy Birthday Vanessa!
Having fun in the water!
She had to wear her Little Mermaid swim suit!


Getting warm
Owen even loved playing on the slide!
He especially loved playing with the "pink" water balloons!
Twirling like a princess!

She loved eating the sand!
Princess shoes! Just what she wanted!

Little Mermaid cup!
Blowing out the candles!
Our sweet "Little Mermaid!"

No comments: