Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hogle Zoo Adventure!

On Wednesday, we decided to go to the Hogle Zoo! We loaded up the kids and headed to Salt Lake in the morning. It was the perfect day for our Zoo Adventure. This was Maria's first time to the Hogle Zoo so she was very excited to go. Vanessa was super excited to see the baby elephant but not too excited to see the tigers. They're too scary!

We had a lot of fun walking around and seeing all of the animals. The kids did very good and Maria was once again a big help! It would have been hard if it was just myself taking the kids to the zoo.

We were able to ride the train around the zoo. The kids loved that and so did I! We were also able to see the bird show. The kids had fun seeing the birds but got distracted easily. Owen especially wanted to just crawl up and down the stair and was so tired that he was just cranky most of the time. It was definitley time for our adventure to come to a close. I'm glad that we went and were able to have lots of fun spending time together!



Loving the train ride!


My Gorillas!
Owen the gorilla infant
Vanessa the gorilla juvenile
Mom the adult male
Maria the Adult Female
The giraffe was right by the fence so we were able to get a great look at it! Owen really loved watching it.
Giraffe's have super long tongues! It must be so they can reach the leaves off of trees. This one liked licking the pole.

Vanessa didn't like standing by the statues. They were once again too scary!
Owen loved looking at the Rhinos
And so did Vanessa

Baby Zuri


All tuckered out! As soon as I buckled him in the car seat and gave him his blanket, he fell asleep. Jeez I wish I could fall asleep that easily!

No comments: