Sunday, August 8, 2010

Delta!

So I was able to go to Delta on Thursday to visit my family. I took the kids down all by myself and had a non-eventful ride down (which was perfect!) I only had to stop once in Payson and let the kids run around a bit and eat lunch.

We got down to Delta around 2 pm and stopped by the Fair. My parents were selling Navajo Tacos so we visited and were able to walk around and look at all of the booths and things people made. We had a lot of fun being together.

I then took the kids down to visit Great Grandma Rowley. We love stopping by and visiting them. We were able to go for a ride on the mule (not the animal) with grandma. The kids loved it and it was fun seeing the farm and just spending time with her. You wouldn't believe that my grandma is going to be 88! She is still very adventurous!
That night I was able to see my Aunt Chole for the first time in 13 years! I haven't been back to Mexico for that long. It was so good to see her! My Spanish needs some help but it was sure fun to talk to her and find out how everybody is doing. Seeing her really brought back memories of when I was young. She also reminds me of my Grandma Mendoza.

The next day we went the Fair again and watched my dad sing. He has such a great voice! I really enjoy listening to him sing and play the guitar. We then headed to help out my parents with the Navajo Tacos and then went and played on some blowup toys. Vanessa and Owen had some much fun playing on them.

My trip was short but filled with lots of fun. I was able to bring back my sister Maria to stay with us for the week. I am super excited to have her up. It has been a long time since she has stayed with us. I miss my family so much! I wish that I could live closer so I can see them more often. Hopefully someday we will be able to live closer!

Here is a video of my dad singing.

No comments: