Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dart Challenge 5k Run!

So Saturday I ran my second 5k this summer! A few people at my work wanted to run one so I decided to sign up and join them. I did very well considering that I only ran once last week. I was very busy and I enjoy my sleep to much!

It was a great day to go running! I was able to run the whole time without stopping and I even cut 8 minutes off of my last time! I was very excited. Now this race was put on by Davis High School so the majority of the runners were teenagers. I finished 69th out of 90. I know it sounds bad but considering that I was running with a bunch of teenagers, I think I did pretty good. My overall time was 30:29 minutes.

I am very proud of myself for actually doing one again. It sure has been a long time. I love the feeling that I get when I cross the finish line and know that I did it! It is exhilarating! I hope to keep running and maybe someday I might even be ambitious enough to try running a half marathon. As for now, I think I will just stick to a 5k.

No comments: