Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tangled Friend Party

The day after Vanessa's birthday she had a her first friend birthday party. She had all of her little friends be able to come and help her celebrate. I was able to find some fun game ideas, cupcake toppers, and take home thank you ideas online that I used for the party.

We first had the kids play Musical Tangled (like musical chairs). I printed out some pictures of the characters and placed them on the floor and had each girl stand on one. I then played some music and stopped it randomly. I then picked a character and gave the girl standing on it a Tangled candy. The girls had a lot of fun with the game. The next game was Pin the Frying Pan on Flynn. I got this idea here. The kids loved playing this game too!
Next came time to open presents. It was a bit chaotic trying to get all the kids to sit down. Vanessa got a Cinderella and Pet Shop Barbie, bubbles, books, a Princess bag, a unicorn, and make-up. The girls all wanted to play Barbies so we let them play for a bit while I got the cupcakes ready. I was able to find these super cute cupcake toppers here. They turned out so cute. I made the cupcakes a rainbow of yellow, purple, and pink. The girls thought that was super fun.
Vanessa gave each friend a little thank you bag for coming to her party. Inside was a Rapunzel paint set (idea found here), stickers, party blower, and Tangled candy. She had such a fun time playing with her friends. I am glad that they were able to come and help her celebrate!

1 comment:

Janell R. Cropper said...

So cute!! You're so cute and creative. I'm hoping Steven's 4 year old party will turn out well too!