Sunday, August 14, 2011

Anniversary Cake

In July I had a lady contact me to do an 50th Anniversary cake for her parents. I debated on whether or not to do the cake job being so sick but the little extra money it would bring in helped me decide. The lady wanted handmade gum paste roses and Cally Lilies to cascade down the cake. I was excited to be able to make them but I knew it was going to be a lot of work.

As it was getting closer to when I was suppose to be starting on making them, that is when I got super sick and had to get the IV. So it was put off for a few days. Luckily, the IVs worked and I started feeling better the first of this week. It was now crunch time! I worked like crazy this past week to get all of the flowers made and the cake baked and frosted! It was a lot of work but I am happy to say that I finished it in time and it turned out great! Now, I need to start on Vanessa's Rapunzel cake for her birthday next week.

1 comment:

Kimbers Sorensen said...

the cake came out gorgeous!!!