Friday, June 10, 2011

6 Years and Two Kids Later!


Today Mark and I celebrated our six year anniversary! Wow, it doesn't seem that we have been married for that long. We have had so many wonderful experiences and memories these past six years. I am so grateful that I was able to marry my best friend and get to spend the rest of my life and beyond with him. I love him so much and everyday that I get to spend with him I love him more!

This year it was my turn to be in charge of our anniversary getaway. I decided to book a room at the Alaskan Inn in Ogden Canyon. We went there for our honeymoon and loved it. I was excited to be able to take Mark back there. I booked the Eagle's Nest room. The bedroom decor is just awesome! The bed is made to look like an eagle's nest and the wall are painted with eagles and trees. I didn't tell Mark where we were going until dinner. We ate at the Brick Oven and then went over to a new cupcake bake shop in Layton to pick out our dessert. I got a coconut mango and Mark got a chocolate marble one. Let's just say they were pure deliciousness!

It was so nice and rejuvenating to be able to spend the day together as a couple. Being up in the mountains and surrounded by all of the beautiful scenery was so relaxing. Just what we needed!
The river was just behind the inn and it was amazing to see how full the river is. We could hear the roar of the river inside our room. It is crazy to see how much water is coming down the mountain.

Mark surprised me with a beautiful teardrop necklace and the sweetest card. My goodness, how I love that man! It has been such a fun day and I am so thankful that I got to spend it with my handsome husband! Happy 6th Anniversary!!!!

No comments: