| Guess how much I paid for all of this...$20.00! |
The key to really scoring the deals is to get 1 paper per person in the family and to use your coupons when items are on sale. Because I am new at this, I just got four papers just in case I couldn't do it. Couponing takes a bit of time especially at first when you are trying to figure out how it works and to get organized. Getting four papers really seems like a lot of coupons but I have saved so much money this first month alone. I was able to bring our monthly grocery bill down to $200 that is including diapers, personal hygiene items, food, clothes, and etc! I was so excited the first time I came home with $100 worth of items and I only had to pay $25.00 for it! That's 75% in savings! I have been able to increase our 1 month food storage to 3 months just this month alone! I love couponing and I can't wait to see what our food storage looks like in 6 months.
I am getting better each time I plan my shopping and it is getting easier to score the deals and freebies. Now, I hate going to stores every single day to get a deal. Who has time for that! So, what I have found that works best for me is to wait until Wednesday when all the stores have their new ads out so I can go through them and find which store has the best price on items. I make a list of the items and where the deal is and then I take it to Wal-mart where I can price match and still use my coupons to score the deal. It saves me time and gas in the long run.
Overall, couponing has been a great experience and I am excited to be able to save our family money and to develop a new talent. If any of you are interested in learning about couponing, check out the freebies2deals website. It has great tips on how to get started.










No comments:
Post a Comment