Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Camping We Will Go!

Mark and I took the kids on a camping trip! Our ward has an annual camp out up in Morgan and we decided to ruff it and let the kids experience camping. This was our first time taking both of the kids camping. The camp grounds were very nice! It had lots of grass, trees and open space to play. We really had a great time visiting with ward members and getting to know them even better. Vanessa sure loved playing with all of the kids and even made a "boyfriend." It was sure funny cause she forgot his name and resorted to calling him "Hey boy!" It was fun watching them play together. Owen loved crawling around and discovering new things. He certainly did not want us to hold him.

At night, we were able to just sit outside and look at the stars! They were so beautiful! I have always loved looking at the stars! We even got lucky and saw a few shooting stars. Vanessa loved looking at them. She described them as popcorn. I love her perspective on things!

Sleeping on the other hand was non-existent. Owen and Vanessa both woke up so much either due to being cold or just not used to the environment. Vanessa also was coming down with a stomach ache. Definitely not what we wanted while on a camping trip! The poor girl had stomach issues off and on through out the whole day. I always feel terrible when our kids are sick and uncomfortable.

After breakfast, we headed up to East Canyon to visit Grandpa and Grandma Carter. We had a lot of fun visiting with them and even got to go swimming for a bit. The kids really enjoyed playing in the water and cooling off. We stayed and ate lunch and then had to head home cause Vanessa started to complain about having a stomach ache again. We got home just in time (if you know what I mean by stomach issues!) I am happy to report that Vanessa seems to be feeling much better. I really hope it was just a 24 hour bug she picked up.

Well, we sure did have a weekend full of many memorable experiences!

She loved hanging from the tree!
Her new little friend! He is so darn cute and fun!
The river by our camp
Our little monkey

Camp Woodland
Our tent!
Having fun exploringWe had fun playing "Shark"Having fun playing in the water

1 comment:

Kimberly Joy said...

Oh my gosh :) Favorite photo of Owen!!! hahaha