Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We were able to go up to East Canyon and spend a few days enjoying our family and playing outside. The weather was perfect! Not too hot and not too cold. Fall is in the air! The first thing the kids wanted to do was to go swimming. So we got our suits and went for a swim. They love swimming there because it has a little kiddie pool which is perfect for them. After swimming, the kids played with their many cousins while the adults played card games, talked, or played tennis. Mark got in some good tennis practice this weekend which was fun for him. We were also able to celebrate Vanessa's birthday with the rest of the family since we had to cancel the family party. Vanessa sure didn't mind that one bit! All the little kids were able to blow out some candles too!
Vanessa got sick on the first night there. Her eyes started to get really goopy, painful, and red. I knew it had to be pink eye. She also complained of an ear ache. I wasn't sure if it was really one because after about 15 minutes of complaining I asked her again if her ear hurt and she said no. So it made me believe that she must of slept on it wrong. I have drops just for that but they were at home so we had to suffer through a long sleepless night until Grandpa was able to bring the drops back up to East Canyon. She seemed to be doing better once I started giving her the drops so we decided to stay another night. Well around bedtime she became really irritable and started to complain that her other ear hurt. So after trying to console her I asked Mark and Grandpa if they would give her a blessing. Within a few minutes after the blessing, Vanessa calmed down and was able to go to sleep. She woke up the next morning with clear eyes and no sign of an ear infection. I am so thankful that I am surrounded by worthy men who hold the priesthood. It has truly been a blessing to have! And I am grateful to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who answers prayers.

Overall, this past weekend has been an eventful one. We were able to still relax and have fun enjoying each others company. Getting together at East Canyon is always a treat!

No comments: